Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus ...

Today my Mom's group met at WEM (for those of you out-of-towners, that's West Edmonton Mall) so that we could get the kids' pictures taken with Santa.

For most - it went better than expected:  confused looks followed by big smiles for the jingling teddy bear the photographer was shaking.

For Maklin - yikes.  It may have been because Maklin and I were the last to go and he was just getting ansy with waiting in line ... I was having to distract him pretty actively by the time it was our turn.  Or, it may have just been Santa-anxiety.  As we walked toward him he started stiffening up.  When I went to sit him down in Santa's lap - he LOST it.  Stiff as a board, fighting to get away, screaming, big tears.  It wasn't going to happen.

Hence, the Santa, Mama, Maklin picture (Santa offered for me to sit on his lap, but I respectfully declined!)


They DO understand more than you think.  Justin doesn't want us to actively lead Maklin to believing in Santa.  Poor kid is traumatized already!

No comments:

Post a Comment